Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2nd Day Post OP

Well by 10:00 A.M. the nerve block wore off. However I was not in the pain I expected.

I started the pain pills every 8 hours as directed but I felt it was over kill. I was feeling a little more human by now and sick of the crutches. I arranged for my daughter to get me a scooter to use. The doctor wrote the RX for it and the insurance covers the rental.

All and all an ok way to get around, got some crap by folks about getting a bell ect.... but I stood my ground by repeating it beats the hell out of crutches.

I used my new handy dandy cart to pull up to the kitchen sink and with the help of my kid, I washed my hair. Talk about feeling human again! That however was a job in and of its self.
I was beat by the time I was done and had to sit down. After a short rest I had my daughter bring my blow dryer out and I dried my hair. She made me lunch and I then dozed off in the lazy boy for my afternoon nap.

This is how the next few days played out. Eat,sleep, wash up, sleep, take meds, sleep.

No comments: