On Day 10 I finally got to leave the house! I know most folks would relish ten days of doing nothing, but I could take no more. My son, my husband and I ventured out on a Saturday to have lunch. I did not care where as long as it was not at home. We ended up having Mexican food.
The big decision of the day was if I should take my scooter or my crutches. We decided on the Crutches. That was a bad choice. It has been non stop snowing here and my crutches slipped from under me going into the restaurant. I caught myself on the door and wall and managed to keep my foot up, but it was scary. I did not want to undo what ever the doctor had done!
We had a nice lunch and decided we would stop at Walmart and then a movie.
My son went to get me one of those electric scooters when we got to Walmart, however being a Saturday they only old clunky wheel chairs left. Gavin brought it out to the car, he is just a sweet 15 year old boy and he pushed his old Mom in the store. Once inside it took some adjustment as I felt all eyes were on me. I soon got over that and headed to the Valentine isle. I picked up a few cards and a birthday card. My son then wheeled me over to the pet section for food for the kitties. Good thing the wheelchair had a basket on the front. My cats can only have canned food as my oldest cat is diabetic and 24 of those cans are quite heavy. We then headed over to the craft isle so I could pick something up to help pass the time. A teach yourself to crochet kit caught my eye as it had a baby blanket on it, and well with a new granbaby what is a Grand mom to do?
It was then time to go to the movies. We stopped at the house to get the scooter as the AMC theater is quite large. I got some looks from folks as these scooters are not well known yet. From the front they look a lot like the scooters the kids ride around and I sure the double takes from the public were folks wondering what is the 40 year old woman doing on a scooter. But you know what, I put it out of my mind and get on with things. We enjoyed a good movie and headed home. I really did not want to go home, I was enjoying my day out of the house. So I talked my husband into stopping a Jewel. They had a power scooter! My son brought it out to the car and off I went. I really did not need anything at Jewel, but hey the scooter was fun and I was out of the house! I managed to cover the entire store and then some. I give the guys credit, they hate to shop but they were good to me and put up with my scoot about! I ended up with some Kellogs Special K protein drinks and bars and some apple juice. We then headed home and to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment