As pain goes I can not complain. The nerve block is in full effect at 24 hours post op. I kept looking for some sign of pain as I was told that I needed to start the pain meds before the pain got a good hold on me. I could not see taking pain medicine if I did not need it.
I actually had more pain from using the crutches than anything else. My back hurt between my should blades and my hands were sore.
Life the day after surgery revolved around dozing off and making trips to the bathroom, which were quite fun. I was weak and uncoordinated , my daughter was here to help me and was of great assistance with my clothing. Now that is a little hard to take, the daughter helping the Mom in the bathroom.
Some time around 30 hours post op I felt some twinge of not real pain on the inside of my ankle and so I took a pain pill just in case it was wearing off.
I slept real well this night due to the extra strength vicodin, but I don't think I "needed" it.
I slept in shifts around having to take meds, every 8 hours I had to take an antibiotic, and given the area of surgery not have great blood supply and being in a cast where things can fester I set my phone alarm to wake me up to take the meds, when I took the antibiotic I also took the anti inflammatory medicine prescribed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment