I did not sleep well the night before. Planning all the little things like what I would need to take with me, what time I needed to get up, what time we had to leave the house. The morning went pretty smooth, I got the animals all situated and we were out the door.
Pulling up to work I had some apprehension about wheeling in there on a scooter. I work at at a police department and those guys can be a tough crowd. I managed to get in the building without much notice. As the day went on I had to go give my work release to the boss and then the razzing started. I had folks asking me if they could take it for a ride, they said things like "do we have give you a driving test on that thing, or I'm going to give your scooter a parking ticket,or hey do we need stop lights for on coming trafic or why didn't you ring your bell, ect, ect,
I figured they would get used to and give it up if I did not react.
Going to the bathroom the first time was a little unnerving as I had a routine at home to hold on to things, but this was all new. I took my cell phone with me in case I ran into some problems. All went well, no falls, no getting stuck.
The real fun part was when it was time to go home. I had my elderly parents pick me up and they started calling at 10 till the hour, I said I would be out in a bit. They called again. I said I am finishing up my paper work I will be out.
When I got outside I found my Dad parked sideways across 2 handicap spots, IN FRONT OF A POLICE DEPARTMENT! On the way home I gently said, "Dad, you can pull up straight into the spot, they are striped on one side so that would leave plenty off room if someone pulled next to you. He said he was not there that long and as long as he had to put that scooter in his trunk he would park any way he wanted and besides, you work there, so what it the problem?"
I was like ohhh lord help me, someone has taken over my parents and I don't know who they are anymore.
I was happy to get home and lay down, it was a long first day back to work and foot was swollen beyond comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment