I have had enough of sponge baths and washing my hair in the sink. I thought hey my parents have a walk in shower, I will take a shower there! I was so excited! The thing I forgot was no matter which door I used, there were 4 steps up into my parents house. I was determined to take a shower though and I managed to get up those steps in my own fashion by crawling up on my knees. Once there I got up on my crutches and made my way to sit down in the chair for a bit. My sister put a chair in the shower on a towel so it would not slide and I got in there. I told her not to worry, I was probably going to be in there long enough to use all the hot water!
I worked hard at getting all the dead skin off the cast leg, it felt so good to have that hot water beating down on me.
I had to lie down a bit after the shower, it took all I had after a day at work to get in and out and it relaxed me so. Amazing how a shower can make you feel human again. Ahhh... the things we take for granted in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment